Ugly Sweaty Men Become CEOs All The Time. Ugly Sweaty Women Don't.
How to hire Dame Inga Beale
Contact the Champions Speakers agency to provisionally enquire about Dame Inga Beale for your event today. Simply call a booking agent on 0207 1010 553 or email us at [email protected] for more information.
** We do not accept requests for autographs, signed merchandise, fan mail, birthday messages or any other non-commercial contact with the speakers or acts. Each speaker on the website may not have necessarily worked with Champions in the past but are known to perform such engagements within the industry.
Inga's official speaking topics are listed below.
- Creating an inclusive workplace - breaking through several glass ceilings and addressing taboo topics, Inga talks from experience about how to build an environment where people from all walks of life feel valued and can thrive at work. Driven by her personal purpose to empower women in business, and a varied career that took her to many different countries, she shares lessons learned along the way and discusses what firms can do to create their own inclusive workplace.
- Changing risk landscape - across the world; society, business and governments are confronted with enormous change and challenges, all of which present risks – both new and old. As Boards grapple with the threat of the climate crisis on their business, the rise of cyber-crime exposing their vulnerabilities, or how to form strategies in the current climate of geo-political change, Inga uses her experience in the insurance sector to highlight the latest risk trends and proposals on how to address them.
- Modernising tradition – a journey of cultural and technological change Lloyd’s of London: a British institution with its roots in marine insurance was founded in 1688. Some of its practices hadn’t changed over hundreds of years but it needed to modernise to keep up in today’s technological world. As the CEO hired to do this massive transformation, Inga tells her story of the cultural and technological changes required to bring this great institution into the modern age, and she shares tips and tricks for driving a successful transformation for any business.
FEEDBACK FROM VIRTUAL EVENTS & WEBINARS:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Dame Inga attended many virtual events, booked as the exciting guest speaker. Read the feedback she has received below.
"I just wanted to reach out and say a huge thank you to everyone at Champions and Dame Inga. What a truly inspiring session and the perfect way to launch the Kärcher Women's Network. My inbox is already flooded with comments from people on how much Inga has taught them. I know that session will stick with me forever." - Aimee, Head of Learning & Development, Kärcher
"Dame Inga Beale's talk was brilliant for an organisation like ours; she covered topics such as diversity, leadership, team work and culture change which affect us all in our daily working lives. She was animated and engaging throughout the virtual presentation, utterly unphased by technological hitches and a large audience. Inga answered the questions posed at the end in a very considered way, from teams at all levels and functions at our company. I am absolutely certain that we all left the presentation with thoughts on how each of us can contribute to fostering greater collaboration." Kerry, Open Health
"Champions helped secure Dame Inga Beale for our growing diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) program. While Champions was exceptional in every way, Dame Inga exceeded all our expectations. Her personal approach directly connected with our employee audience. Immediately following our online broadcast, we received accolades, including comments like "amazing," " fantastic," and "inspirational." She took personal storytelling to a new level!" - Mary, Claire’s
"The event went fantastically well, Dame Inga was so engaging and thought-provoking, we received a tonne of positive feedback from those attending - it was one of our best attended events with more than 100 colleagues." - Asif, IT PMO Manager, Gfk
"Lovely discussion with authenticity and impact. I truly enjoyed Inga's style of engaging with her audience. She was genuine and inviting and encouraged each of us to take action" - FTI Consulting
"I wanted to thank you for presenting at the MOD IKX Symposium last week. It is obvious that you are an authority in your subject and your presentation was informative, enlightening and thought-provoking. We have received many complimentary comments about your presentation and more than a few who want to release the potential of their team. One such example was “Dame Inga was very very inspirational. What a great speech." Your contribution to the day was significant, tying together the benefits to the organisation and individual of valuing individual contribution and also the techniques and challenges of achieving it. Thank you again." - Stew MacLeod, Ministry of Defence
"It was great. She has a fantastic story to tell. The feedback noted Inga’s spirit, openness and honesty and found it a privilege to have had the opportunity to hear her speak. One even said that he was upset that as a British gay man, working in insurance, he was upset with himself that Inga’s story was new to him. He wanted to thank us for correcting his oversight. I echo the sentiments that it was a privilege to hear from Inga and to hear how she has continued to learn from her experiences and is an ally and ‘champion’ to other minority groups." - Florence, Moody's
"Your speech was well received and brought the perfect synergy to our group. It was very interesting hearing about how you overcame adversities and your accomplishments. We have received amazing feedback, particularly on your openness in owning, and learning from your experiences. I believe your story will have a lasting impact and will serve as an immediate benefit to our BRGs. Again, thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to work with you on future events." - DK, Moody's
"I just wanted to let you know that we were thrilled with Inga’s involvement on today’s event. Thanks for all your help in coordinating this, I think we will definitely want to involve Inga in future events if she is willing." - Aisling, Corporate Sales Support Manager, Bupa Global
"We chose Dame Inga Beal to be the first key note speaker hosted by our global LGBTQ+ ERG. The event was to mark the international day against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. Overall we were extremely happy with the talk Dame Inga gave. Champions UK were also extremely helpful and always at hand throughout the whole process of organising the event. We would highly recommend Dame Inga, we received fantastic feedback from the session with many people commenting on how impactful, inspirational and personal the story Dame Inga shared with us was. Her willingness to tackle any difficult questions that were raised during the talk made the event even more powerful and enabled us to convey the importance of an inclusive culture in the workplace." - Christopher, UCB
She was sensational. So clear. A great storyteller. Candid and inspirational – exactly the 2 things we wanted to land. They loved her. As did me and my boss…. ! Please share a big thank you to her and for all the help you have provided in the process. - Jemima, Pepsico
FEEDBACK FROM IN-PERSON EVENTS:
Dame Inga is regularly booked to engage audiences at in-person events, read her latest feedback below.
"I’ve had some incredible feedback from all around the business." - Juliet, Associate, IFM Investors
"Thought Inga was great and I feel that the feeling was mutual so please thank her from all of us." - Cordelia, Operations Associate, Google
"Dame Inga Beale was fantastic! She is such an inspirational leader and attendees in the webinar were engaged through out, and so interested in what she had to say." - Sylvia, OneStreamSoftware
- 2022 - President of The British Swiss Chamber of Commerce
- 2021 - Member of the Supervisory Board, NN Group
- 2021 - Joins Board of directors, Willis Towers Watson
- 2020 - Independent Non-Executive Director of Crawford & Company
- 2020 - Chair of Mediclinic
- 2019 - Insurance Advisor for NTT DATA UK
- 2017 - Appointed DBE for services to the economy
- 2017 - President of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- 2016 - Board Director of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- 2016 - Business advisory board member, Mayor of London
- 2014 - First female CEO of Lloyd’s of London
- 2008 - Chair of the board of directors and global chief underwriting officer, Zurich Insurance Company
- 2006 - Group CEO Converium
- 2006 - Chair of the Board of Directors for The MDU
- 1982 - Reinsurance Underwriter for Prudential Assurance