How to hire Debra Searle
** We do not accept requests for autographs, signed merchandise, fan mail, birthday messages, or any other non-commercial contact with our speakers or acts.
When she's at corporate events, Debra is known to cover the following topics:
- Choose your attitude! It’s not magic: it’s mindset
- Teamwork and positive relationships
- Strategies for not just coping but excelling during times of change
- Leading through change
"Debra not only has a great story to tell, but she uses her experiences to support real business situations and bring alive those everyday moments faced by leaders. She clearly understood our organisation and within an hour had totally transformed the mindset of some of the most ‘fixed’ people in this intimate audience.” - Anthony, TMF Group
"There are good speakers, there are great speakers and then there is Debra Searle. I've never seen an audience so engaged, inspired and in touch with the messages that she shared.” - Matt, Auto Trader UK.
“I thought she was fantastic and brought in some really useful tools to use when choosing your mindset and facing challenges. She has such an inspirational story, great to hear all the details first hand. We’ve been getting great feedback all day, she was very well received.” - Yee, Deloitte
"'I cannot thank you enough for the fantastic session you delivered at IFS today. You left me feeling incredibly empowered and motivated and you are an incredible role model for professional women (and men) across the globe. It was so refreshing to see a human presentation filled with compassion, honesty and humour.
You are an inspiration and your messages resonated with me loud and clear.
Thank you so much, I’m excited to tell my colleagues about you and share your message. - IFS, Institute for Fiscal Studies
"The way that Debra translates her experience into actionable day to day practices to change behaviour and get into a positive mindset is very powerful" - Dr Katja Buller, Biogen
"Our guests really enjoyed listening to Debra's story - it was brilliant to see them all so engaged in the journey" - Sarah Folley, Wolters Kluwer
"The way that Debra linked her story and her life lessons back to business helped to make the whole event feel very connected and so much more powerful." - Katie Patterson, Hitachi Insipre the Next
- Debra is the founder of five successful businesses.
- As a young adventurer, she completed the Duke of Edinburgh Award and Ten Tors.
- She was appointed MBE in 2002 and MVO in 2014.
- In 2002, Debra rowed across the Atlantic solo, an achievement immortalised via the film, Row Hard No Excuses.
- Debra hosts the podcast, Expert Speaking Made Simple, and supplies training for speakers.
- At the 1998 Rome European Championships and 1999 Nottingham World Championships, Debra secured bronze, silver and gold medals in the Dragon Boat race.
- She led the Women’s Arctic Challenge from Qikiqtarjuaq to Pangnirtung in the Arctic Circle in 2015.
- In 2017, she completed a cycling mission from Valencia to Barcelona.
- Debra was a trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh Award for a decade.
- She has written and published Rowing it Alone and The Journey: How to Achieve Against the Odds.