Legendary American Athlete Who Has 9 Gold & 1 Silver Olympic Medals
How to hire Carl Lewis
** We do not accept requests for autographs, signed merchandise, fan mail, birthday messages, or any other non-commercial contact with our speakers or acts.
When he is booked for events, Carl is known to discuss the following topics.
- Business Development
- Voted 1999 Sportsman of the Century, by the International Olympic Committee.
- Elected 1999 World Athlete of the Century, by the International Association of Athletics Federations.
- Named 1999 Olympian of the Century, by Sports Illustrated.
- In 2010, he was inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame.
- In 2016, he was inducted into the Texas Track and Field Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
- Carl is one of the only athlete to earn and then defend an Olympic long jump title.
- Between 1983 and his retirement in 1997, Carl earned 22 gold medals; nine at the Olympic Games, eight at the World Championships, two at the Pan American Games and three at the Goodwill Games.
- Founded The Carl Lewis Foundation, which supports the Best Buddies organisation, The Wendy Marc Foundation and the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Carl was made a United Nations Ambassador for the Food and Agricultural Organisation.