The New Breed: What Our History with Animals Reveals About Our Future with Robots
How to hire Dr. Kate Darling
Contact the Champions Speakers Agency to provisionally enquire about hiring Dr. Kate Darling for your next event, today. To get in touch, simply call an official booking agent on 0207 1010 553 or email us at [email protected] for more information.
** We do not accept requests for autographs, signed merchandise, fan mail, birthday messages or any other non-commercial contact with the speakers or acts. Each speaker on the website may not have necessarily worked with Champions in the past but are known to perform such engagements within the industry.
Kate's known speaking topics are listed below.
- Robot Ethics and the Future of Human-Robot Interaction
- Society and Robot Law - Extending Legal Protection to Social Robots
- Emerging technology
Official Feedback from In-Person & Virtual Events
Feedback from In-Person Events:
"It was a fantastic talk. What we appreciated most about Kate is her ability to explain complex ideas in a very interesting, dynamic way through visuals, video and robot props. She has a refreshingly grounded, optimistic perspective on the future of human/machine interaction. She obviously loves her work and that excitement was contagious – participants walked away inspired and energised." - Boston Consulting Group
"We really enjoyed working with her, and her presentation was very well received by the audience. We felt that she really connected with them. I really appreciated how self-sufficient she was as a speaker. I really only have great things to say about our experience working with Kate and would absolutely recommend her to others." - Qualys
"Wow, there was so much here to think about. I didn't realise people were so empathic to robots. Fascinating presentation. She emphasised again that it is ultimately the programmer (us) who determines things. She shared interesting thoughts on AI and therapy as well." - CMTC
"Kate Darling was a smash hit. She was absolutely delightful. I would highly recommend her, and I would book her again in a heartbeat. Her talk is fascinating and the follow-up conversation with our CEO was terrific." - Juniper Networks
- 2021 - Author of The New Breed: What Our History with Animals Reveals About Our Future with Robots
- 2019 - Research Scientist at the MIT Media Lab
- Former Fellow of the Harvard Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, the Yale Information Society Project & the Center for Law & Economics
- Honorary Doctorate of Sciences from Middlebury College
- Awarded the Mark T Banner Award in Intellectual Property
- Affiliate of the Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technologies
- Monthly Columnist for BBC's Science Focus Magazine