Diversity and inclusion speakers serve to improve the inclusivity of a workplace environment. Helping businesses strive for better practices in diversity they can speak candidly about their own experiences, as well as discuss the best ways to ensure a business that works for everyone.
Acknowledging that all team members should be treated equally and recognised for the contribution that they make, regardless of religion, age, gender, disabilities, race, sexuality and more, top diversity speakers understand the essential role that diversity plays in creating a modern, forward-thinking business.
Diversity in the workplace has come a long way over the past decades, but further progress is required. According to Forbes, diversity and inclusion sits on the backburner compared to other HR initiatives, with 41% of managers claiming they are "too busy" to create diversity initiatives.
5 Top Diversity & Inclusion Speakers
- Gareth Thomas - The First High-Profile British Sportsman to Reveal He was Gay
- Kellie Maloney - Lennox Lewis' Former Boxing Promoter Who Underwent Gender Re-Assignment
- Elaine Sihera - The First Black Woman To Own A National Magazine
- Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE - A Pioneering Paralympic Athlete & Inspirational Authority On Welfare Reform In The House Of Lords
- Katie Piper - Burns Victim Behind Television Documentary, My Beautiful Face, Katie Has Helped Change Societal Views
What is a Diversity Initiative?
A diversity initiative or strategy is an approach to diversity in the workplace. It aims to respond to diversity strategically, ensuring all avenues are explored in providing a fairer, more equal workplace. A diversity initiative seeks to empower people, showing respect for all no matter their life experiences and differences. Experts in the field of diversity and inclusion can support businesses and organisations draw out processes and policies that promote diversity across a working environment.
A Diverse Team is a Stronger Team. See the Stats:
Global Human Capital Trends research shows that 78% of respondents now believe diversity and inclusion is a competitive advantage - Deloitte
57% of employees want their company to do more to increase diversity - Glassdoor
Companies that have more diverse management teams have 19% higher revenue due to innovation - Forbes
Despite these stats there remains a number of disparities.
Workplace Diversity is Changing...But Not Fast Enough!
- Only 8.8% of minorities worked as managers, directors and senior officials compared to 10.7% of white people - Changeboard
- Just 23.7% of FTSE 250 boards are women - Forbes
- Barely 3% of Britain’s most powerful and influential people are from black and minority ethnic groups
- 70% of discriminatory queries at The Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS) are regarding disability - Inclusive Companies
Book Keynote Speakers On Diversity in the Workplace in the UK
Many of the foremost figures in diversity and inclusion are available to facilitate your business conference or help inspire change at your event. Whatever you are looking for, we have the ideal keynote diversity and inclusion speaker to help you implement a fairer, more inclusive workplace.
If you would like to book a diversity and inclusion speaker for your corporate event, function or conference, simply contact the Champions Speakers agency by filling in our online contact form or by calling a booking agent directly on 0207 1010 553.
You can still get your complimentary tickets to our very own LGBT Diversity & Inclusion Showcase Breakfast at the Gherkin on Thursday 10 May. You can see footage from Justin Osmond at last year's event