Ross Edgley is an adventurer and author best known for becoming the first person in history to swim all the way around Great Britain. After 2,000 miles and 157 days the World Open Water Swimming Association announced it as the World Swim of the Year 2018 and it became officially recognised as The World’s Longest Staged Sea Swim“.
Now considered a leading expert in mental fortitude, physical resilience and work capacity, Ross published The Sunday Times bestselling book The World’s Fittest Book in 2018 and began The World’s Fittest Tour in 2019 to teach people “the human body is far more powerful than even our own minds often lead us to believe”.
Born into a sporting family (his father was a tennis coach, his mother was a sprinter and his grand parents were marathon runners and in the military), he studied at Kings Grammar School, Grantham, later graduated from Loughborough University‘s School of Sport and Exercise Science, was dubbed The World’s Most Travelled Fitness Expert by GQ Magazine after he:
- Worked as a Chagra (mountain cowboy) in Cotopaxi (Avenue of the Volcanoes) in Ecuador
- Trained with the Yamabushi warrior monks of Mount Sanjogatake in Japan
- Lived as an Evenki reindeer herder in Siberia enduring temperatures as cold as -40 °C
- Wrestled sharks in the Bahamas working as a shark wrangler
- Studied with the Yaminawá shaman of the Amazon jungle
- Explored the underwater caves of the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico
- Hunted with the San Bushmen of Namibia covering an ultra marathon a day in 40 °C heat in search of food
- Handled poisonous cobras in Bangladesh working as a snake charmer
- And was listed in the World’s 50 Top Fittest Men Askmen.com after he:
- Ran a marathon pulling a 1.4 tonne car (the media dubbed, “The World’s Strongest Marathon”)
- Climbed a rope the height of Everest (8,848m) (the media dubbed, “The World’s Longest Rope Climb”)
- Ran 1,000 miles barefoot in a month carrying a 50kg backpack
- Completed an Olympic Distance Triathlon carrying a 100lbs tree
- Ran 31 marathons in 31 days on a treadmill in his kitchen trialling different recipes
- Swam over 100km across the Caribbean Sea pulling a 100lbs tree
- Swam non-stop for 48 hours at the Commando Training Centre for the Royal Marines
- Swam 2,000 miles around Great Britain in 157 days
Ross is also co-founder at what is considered the UK’s most innovative sports nutrition company The Protein Works, writes for range of publications (including GQ, Menshealth, Telegraph, Askmen.com, Mensfitness and more) and has amassed a social media following of well over a half a million people.
To book Ross Edgley as the motivational speaker for your corporate event, function or conference, simply contact the Champions Speakers agency by emailing email@example.com or by calling a booking agent directly on 0207 1010 553.